The Korean Religions unit of the American Academy of Religion invites proposals for individual papers, paper panels, or round-table panels to be presented at the AAR annual meeting in Boston November 18 – 21, 2017.
Any proposal relating to Korea and religion will be considered, but particular consideration will be given to proposals addressing the overarching topic of Religion Crossing Borders and subtopics such as:
- Religion and Minorities (racial, social, sexual, etc.) in Korea
- Religion and Migration in Korea
- Migrant Workers, Immigrants, and Religion in Korea
- Populism, Xenophobia, Racism, Provincialism: Constructive Religious Responses (How might religion overcome mass rage, mass nationalism, etc.?)
- Colonialism, Postcolonialism, and Korean Religions.
For more information on requirements to participate, see https://www.aarweb.org/annual-meeting/call-for-papers#Requirements. The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2017.
Membership is not required to submit a proposal, but all participants accepted to the program must be current (2017) AAR members and registered for the annual meeting by June 30, 2017.