The schedule includes:
- January 24: Hyperbola of Youth ì²ì¶˜ìŒê³¡ì„ , directed by Han HyÅng-Mo (1956)
- February 7: A Romantic Papa ë¡œë§ŒìŠ¤íŒŒíŒŒ, directed by Shin Sang-Ok (1960)
- March 3: The Love Marriage ìžìœ ê²°í˜¼, directed by Lee Byung-il (1958)
- March 20: Mr. Park ë°•ì„œë°©, directed by Kang Dae-Jin (1960)
- April 10: A Female Boss ì — ¬ì‚¬ìž¥, directed by Han HyÅng-Mo (1959)
- April 24: A Petty Middle Manager ì‚¼ë“±ê³¼ìž¥, directed Lee Bong-Rae (1961).
Beyond just providing laughs, and here and there some tears, these films provide glimpses of changing domestic and social norms of their time. Screenings take place in the Center for Korean Studies auditorium and begin at 6:30 p.m. All films have Korean soundtracks with English subtitles.
Detailed synopses and other information about most of the films can be found on the Korean Film Archive Web site: http://www.koreafilm.org.
These film exhibitions are presented with the support of the Timothy and Miriam Wee Memorial Fund at the Center for Korean Studies. They are free and open to the public. For further information, telephone the Center at (808) 956‑7041 or contact Matt Winchell (email@example.com).