The Center for Korean Studies is offering financial support for a University of Hawaiâ€˜i-MÄnoa student to participate in the 4th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) July 2 â€“ 31, 2011. The conference this year, which is on the theme “Beyond Boundaries,” will visit Pukyong National University in Pusan, Cheju National University, Chonnam National University in Kwangju, and Ewha Womans University in Seoul.
For more information about the program, see [cref 1136] or visit the International Student Conferences Web site at www.iscdc.org.
The Center for Korean Studies scholarship for participation includes up to $3,500 for the conference participation fee, which covers food, lodging, and group travel for the duration of the conference. The conference participant will be responsible for transportation to and from the orientation site.
Requirements for the scholarship:
- Must have UH-MÄnoa classified undergraduate/graduate student status at the time of application and during the conference.
- Must demonstrate high academic achievement and promise.
- Must present proof of acceptance to participate in KASC.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
- Submit a copy of the full KASC application to the Center for Korean Studies a week after the application is due to KASCâ€”March 7, 2011. CKS Scholarship deadline: March 14, 2011.
- Ask recommenders to send copies of their letters to the Center for Korean Studies by March 12, 2010.
Direct questions about the CKS scholarship to Brandie Chun, Program Coordinator, Center for Korean Studies, University of Hawaii, Tel. 808–956-2212; Fax 808–956-2213; e-mail: email@example.com.