The Korean Religions unit of the American Academy of Religion invites proposals for individual papers, paper panels, or round-table panels to be presented at the AAR annual meeting in Boston November 18–21, 2017.
Any proposal relating to Korea and religion will be considered, but particular consideration will be given to proposals addressing the overarching topic of Religion Crossing Borders and subtopics such as:
- Religion and Minorities (racial, social, sexual, etc.) in Korea
- Religion and Migration in Korea
- Migrant Workers, Immigrants, and Religion in Korea
- Populism, Xenophobia, Racism, Provincialism: Constructive Religious Responses (How might religion overcome mass rage, mass nationalism, etc.?)
- Colonialism, Postcolonialism, and Korean Religions.
For more information on requirements to participate, see https://www.aarweb.org/annual-meeting/call-for-papers#Requirements. The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2017.
Membership is not required to submit a proposal, but all participants accepted to the program must be current (2017) AAR members and registered for the annual meeting by June 30, 2017.