Contributions are being sought for a planned interdisciplinary volume on death, mourning, and the afterlife in Korea to be published at a major academic press. The volume editors expect to cover both premodern and modern aspects of death and particularly welcome contributions in the following areas:
- Geomancy and the selection of grave sites
- Mourning rites for women in ChosÃ…Ân
- Mourning rites in contemporary Korea
- Burial practices in contemporary Korea
- Monuments for national heroes in contemporary Korea.
Other topics are also welcome.