The Academy of Korean Studies has released the guidelines for its 2018 Korean Studies Grants Program. The Academy invites proposals in six categories of grants this year, including a new program, Translation Project of Overseas Korean Studies Monograph, intended to make additional international scholarship available to Korean readers.
The grant categories are:
- Competitive Research Funding: This program supports investigator-chosen research, individual or collaborative, on Korea-related subjects. Researchers affiliated with educational and research institutions outside of Korea are eligible. The project director is required to have at least one research result within the past four years, excluding dissertations.
- Conference and Workshop Support: This program supports international and national academic conferences and workshops on Korea-related subjects to be held between May 2018 and April 2019.
- Scholarly Publication Support: This program assists scholarly publication for broad dissemination of original research results in Korean studies, including publications in scholarly journals and books. Grants are available to researchers affiliated with educational and research institutions outside of Korea. Support for books requires that applicants must have a signed contract with an overseas publisher of scholarly books related to Korean studies without receiving any other publication support from other institutions.
- Educational Programs/Cultural Activities Support: This program supports lectures, educational programs, and cultural activities designed for the dissemination of knowledge in Korean studies to be presented between May 2018 and April 2019.
- Translation Project of Overseas Korean Studies Monograph: This program supports translation of Korean studies monographs published outside of Korea from other languages into Korean.
Full descriptions of the grant categories, requirements for eligibility, guidelines for applications, and application forms may be downloaded from the Academy of Korean Studies Web site.
Applications must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be submitted before 23:59 (Korea Standard Time) on March 4, 2018.
For further information, contact Suemin Kwak, Program Coördinator, at email@example.com.