March 31, 2010, is the deadline for applications for grants available under various programs administered by the Academy of Korean Studies. The AKS grant program aims at deepening the world’s understanding of Korea by supporting academic activities that will help spread Korean studies, nurturing talented scholars of Korean studies, and enhancing the universality and quality of Korean studies activities undertaken by overseas researchers.
Current programs include:
- Visiting Lectureships. The program assists universities in promoting Korean studies by sending qualified lecturers.
- Competitive Research Funding. The program sponsors projects related to Korean studies including research
papers and books.
- Workshop and Conference Support. The program provides funding to academic forums hosted by Korean studies
- Scholarly Journal Support. The program promotes publication of Korean studies works.
- Publication Subsidy. The program assists researchers in publishing Korean studies related materials.
- Distinguished Paper Award. The program encourages researchers who publish in international journals. The journal must be registered in A&HCI, SSCI, SCI, SCOPUS and published outside of Korea.
Application forms and guidelines are available from the AKS Web site: http://www.aks.ac.kr/eng_home/notice/notice_read.asp?num=88&group_id=88. Download 2010 Guideline (ENG/KOR) for details.
Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2010. Applications received after that deadline will not be considered. An e-mailed application without a hard copy will not be accepted.
Inquiries should be directed to:
- Nansook Jung
Division of International Support for Korean Studies
Center for International Affairs
The Academy of Korean Studies