The Academy of Korean Studies grants program for 2016 offers support for academic activities aimed at deepening the world’s understanding of Korea. Grants are available in five categories. In all cases, the grants are available to researchers affiliated with education and research institutions outside Korea. The five grant programs are:
- Competitive Research Funding. This program supports investigator-chosen individual or collaborative research on Korea-related subjects. The project director is required to have more than two research results within four years (2012.3‒2016.2).
- Workshop and Conference Support. This program supports academic workshops and conferences on Korea-related subjects held between June 2016 and May 2017.
- Scholarly Journal Support. The Academy of Korean Studies will assist scholarly journals for broad dissemination of original research in Korean studies.
- Education Program/Cultural Activities Support. This program supports educational programs and cultural activities designed for dissemination of knowledge in Korean studies.
- Survey of the Current Status of Korean Studies and Digitization of Korean Studies Materials. This program supports surveys of the current status of Korean studies in a given area (bibliography, human resources, institutions) and digitization of Korean studies materials outside Korea (database of historical records, audio-visual materials).
Applications, including all required documents, should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com no later than April 10, 2016. Applications after that deadline will not be considered. Applicants will be notified of the result in June 2016.
For complete information on the available grants download 2016 Korean Studies Grant Application Guidelines. The various application forms are available from the Academy of Korean Studies Web site.
For further information, contact the Academy of Korean Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.