The Center for International Affairs at the Academy of Korean Studies is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in foreign textbooks. The Center’s 2014 Understanding Korea Essay & UCC competition is aimed at promoting interest in Korea-related contents in foreign textbooks and Understanding Korea materials. Please note the following guidelines.
Domestic and International Promotion of the Understanding Korea Project
- Improve the image of Korea in foreign countries
- Improve the understanding of Korea; expand the base of the project
- Establish healthy image of Korea in the world
|Essay||Image of Korea from the International Point of View|
|Essay||Application of Understanding Korea Materials|
|UCC||Understanding Korea Project|
* Foreign materials imply publications and digital contents created by non-Koreans, including the Korean-related contents in non-Korean textbooks, and targeted towards non-Koreans.
* Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest. Full details for the materials can be found on the Web site of the Center for International Affairs (CEFIA): http://www.ikorea.ac.kr.
Any individual or a group who has genuine interest in the Understanding Korea Project
E-mail Submission: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application form can be downloaded from the CEFIA Web site.
- All submissions that do not follow the format will be disqualified.
- Submitted essays and UCCs will not be returned, and the CEFIA will obtain the copyright.
- Applicants may apply to both Essay and UCC sector, and if they wish so, applicants are also allowed to apply for different themes within the category.
Korean or English
- Essay Section: The paper should be about three pages in A4 format.
- UCC Section: The video must be original and have secured the copyright. There is no limit on the length of the video.
August 01 2014 — September 30 2014 6:00 PM (Korean Time)
Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
|Grand Prize||2||Awarded by the Minister|
Prize worth 900,000 won
|Excellence Prize||4||Awarded by the AKS President|
Prize worth 300,000 won
|Participation Prize||6||Awarded by the Center Director|
Prize worth 150,000 won
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winners’ responsibility.
※ All applicants will receive a souvenir (first 400 applicants only)
Monday, November 10, 2014, the result of the contest will be posted on the Center’s Web site (http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/), and all winners will be notified individually.
The Center for International Affairs, Division of Understanding Korea Project
- Web site: http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone: (+82)-31 – 709-6571, 031 – 709-6596
- Fax: 031 – 709-6572
For more detailed information, refer to Center for International Studies Web site. All inquiries about the contest must be made by e-mail. Applicants obtain all rights to the entries, and the Academy of Korean Studies may use them (in newsletters and publicity materials) only if the AKS and the winner conclude a separate contract.